Wednesday 19th October 2011

Well, I must say I’m pretty p*ssed off really. My hands/arms are spectacularly painful, and I’m still waiting for an appointment with the consultant. He has at least received the referral letter, but meanwhile I’m taking painkillers and have been for a year, and putting a cold pack on them several times a day to try and reduce the pain. Even getting dressed is an ordeal. Hmph.

The weather is still beautiful, sunny, windy, but colder. That’s fine, we’re mid-October! I do have some gardening to do, but that will have to wait a few days at least. The pots need wrapping up really and that’s one of the jobs I need to do.

Have upgraded hubby’s computer to Ubuntu 11.10 – what a performance! blimey. No dual boot, Unity desktop – which takes some getting used to – but he’s actually managing well. Windows is still on there, but we just can’t get to it! which is a big bummer. I’m sure it’ll be fixed in one of their updates. Hopefully.

Cat has finally stopped having unpleasant tummy symptoms – fortunately she uses her tray for everything except vomit. Nice pile of which was on the 4th stair down – luckily I noticed it before stepping into it . . . but she’s fine now.

Still working on Xmas and various birthday presents – only a few things to get now. But big things . .

Mother is currently in Scotland, driving around, staying at various hotels, seeing various friends. Amazing, at 79! We made her promise to take her stick, and use it for its intended purpose, rather than pointing at people/things.

I’m not sure why, but my life currently seems very fraught. Lots of rushing about, still not doing all the things I want to do. So I’m going to sit tight for a day or two and see how things pan out.

The first lot of jam I made from actual fruit (apple and blackberry) is only passable. I cooked it for too long, so it’s set quite hard. That in itself isn’t too much of a problem, but it just tastes like cheap jam. Like the jam you get in bought jam tarts. But it’ll be ok in my goat yoghurts. And there’s only three jars, so it’s not a real disaster. It was an experiment, so next time I’ll be more careful. I have loads and loads more blackberries and bought some cooking apples yesterday, so when life has settled down a bit I’ll have another go.

The new phone is going well now, although it has taken me a while to get used to it. But it’s fine.

Am also a bit fed up with blood tests and hospital visits, but not to worry. All will be sorted out in the end.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s