What a busy time I’ve been having. Another fifteen days of voice loss due to sinus/ear/throat infection. Went away to the Cotswolds for  weekend with ED, partner and their little boy, LCS. It was delightful, despite the rain, and we had a really lovely time.

Looked after ESW this morning while her mum went to the osteopath to sort out large amounts of pain. That helped mum, a lot, and we had a fabulous morning with ESW. Funny, affectionate, playful. Excellent.

A few months ago I bought a ticket to see Sarah Millican at Warwick Arts Centre in Coventry. It’s on Thursday 11th October, and I’m really not up to going. When I actually booked the ticket I was full of enthusiasm, and thinking “It’ll be fine, it’ll be fine” when of course it won’t. So I’ve put the ticket up on a resale site – https://www.seetickets.com/rd/event/sarah-millican-control-enthusiast/warwick-arts-centre/1169002. We shall see.

The new storage for the Lego works much better. The children actually play with it now. Although some of them prefer my buttons, which are also colour sorted. And that’s ok too.


Lego Storage

Yup, Lego storage.  I bought a big tub of Lego from ebay years ago and it’s been great. However, for some reason or other, the various children who play with it like to tip it out on the carpet (fair enough), then take apart the tiny little people who are part of it. As a consequence, various mothers and I have spent a long time (and I mean a LONG time), trawling through hundreds of minute pieces of  Lego searching for, say, a hand, or a hat, or a head. Which are also minute.

So I heard somebody mention Lego storage and a little light bulb went on in my head. What a damn good idea, I thought. So I ordered two sets of the 0.3 litre size boxes, which come in sets of 16, with a sort of thing they stand in, and sorted all the bits and pieces into those. By shape. It was quite good fun to do, actually, and looked great when it was finished.

But here’s the thing. Quite a big thing, really. The children didn’t want to play with it any more.

So. Back to the drawing board. I measured the cupboard (IKEA Acrobat) and decided it would be ok for 8 x the 1.7 litre size boxes. Ordered those, and re-sorted the bits and pieces by COLOUR. Yup. Colour. Thank you Charlie for your inspiration!

So much easier. SO much easier. There are seven boxes sorted that way, and one box full of odds and ends – wheels, strange little tiny stick things, and a tiny box with the little people in (yep, they’re still being kept together .  .)

I even managed to fit in the Duplo (again from ebay) too, so it’s a win-win so far. And I could even fit another two 1.7 litre boxes in the cupboard, should it become necessary. Again, looks great.

Now I have 32 x 0.3 litre boxes to get rid of. Mm.


And the big test will be when children come to play . . . .